The treatment of infertility with Acupuncture and Chinese medicine dates back 2000 years. These ancient time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support a woman’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential for health, healing and childbearing.
A landmark study published in the medical journal Fertility & Sterility, found that acupuncture dramatically improves the chances of becoming pregnant when used in conjunction with other assisted reproductive techniques. Researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York reviewed studies, and concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall
- reduce anxiety, stress and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly decrease fertility
- normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary ovarian axis which plays a key rol in fertility
- and regulate menstrual cycle
In a study published in Human Reproduction Journal, an ultrasound was used to evaluate blood flow to the uterus during acupuncture treatments. The study found blood flow increases during treatment. According to Dr. Nancy Snyderman, “when acupuncture needles are placed correctly, it can affect the nervous system. The idea is that if you stimulate the nervous system, you can make the uterus quiet and allow blood to flow”. Relaxing the uterus and increasing blood flow allows for the successful implant of an embryo within the uterine lining.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can raise the fertility potential for women by affecting the quality, quantity, balance, and flow of Qi (pronounced Chee) and blood. When Qi, also called Life Energy, and blood are circulating freely throughout the body, every cell, tissue and organ is properly nourished and functioning well. When this occurs, a woman’s health and fertility are increased.
The theory of acupuncture and Chinese medicine view infertility as an imbalance of Qi and blood affecting one or more of the Organ Systems.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine provides a safe, effective, drug-free, and natural approach toward the conception of a healthy pregnancy.
Here are a few reasons to try acupuncture and Chinese Medicine:
- An acupuncturist does not treat just symptoms and signs, but instead activates the bodies natural healing potential by treating the root causes that have lead to the problem of disease.
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is completely natural. No drugs are ever used. In the treatment of infertility, undesired side effects and accumulated toxicity from invasive procedures and drug therapies may occur.
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine can be used to strengthen, support, and balance overall health and well-being, so other fertility procedures are more effective.
- Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is over 3,000 years old, and has helped millions of people become well and stay healthy.
- It works!
Note: Also consider acupuncture during your pregnancy and birth. According to the World Health Organization, acupuncture has been found useful for relieving labor pain, nausea, vomiting, and significantly reducing the duration of labor. There is also strong evidence that acupuncture can help with a breached birth.
Chinese Medicine Acupuncture
"What is impressive are the positive effects that I have gained from Dr. Zhang's treatment for my uterine fibroids, which I have had for years. In my family, my sister, mother and maternal grandmother have all had hysterectomies due to..."
Read more >
"...Amazingly, all the symptoms like stuffed and running nose, itch of the eyes, ears, nose and throat are gone. Now I am really happy that I can go back to my normal daily life. I really appreciate Dr. Zhang's help..."
Read more >